What is Connect Albania Mechanism?
How can I access Connect Albania Mechanism as potential investor?
If you are an interested entrepreneur or individual freelance professional, you can contact a Development Agent, a member of Albanian Diaspora, who will access to the Mechanism on your behalf and will follow all the steps to establish a successful investment in Albania. If you are an interested entrepreneur but do not know an Albanian Diaspora member who can facilitate your investment procedures, please contact Connect Albania Unit here.
How can I access to Connect Albania Mechanism as Interested Development Agent?
How can I create my profile as an Interested Development Agent?
Any individual duly registered abroad willing to become an Interested Development Agent, can apply to the Connect Albania online Mechanism, under the Albanian Diaspora Business Chamber Webpage, to obtain the status and, to the extent applicable, by filling in the application form and inserting the required information and supporting documents. (for more please see the Regulation of Connect Albania Mechanism).
How can I register as an Interested Development Agent?
After submitting an on-line application within a deadline of 10 days, the application will be reviewed by the experts working at the Connect Albania Programme Office established under the Albanian Diaspora Business Chamber. Once Connect Albania Programme Office staff will check the compliance and the adequacy of the submitted documents, will request to the applicant for Interested Development Agent to provide the application documents in originals, compliant to all the requirements as valid to public authorities in Italy and Albania. Upon the final approval of the applicant by the Connect Albania Unit, the selected individuals will receive an identification number identifying their status as an Interested Development Agent for attracting investment from the Albanian Diaspora members or the foreign company/legal entity/individuals represented.
What documents do I need to register as an Interested Development Agent?
The following list of documents are required from the Interested Development Agent:
- Copy of ID card/Passport.
- Copy of the regular residence permit for a duration of at least 5 years outside the territory of the Republic of Albania.
- Copy of the certificate of business registration which confirms the registration of the foreign legal entity/company abroad.
- Present a signed self-declaration in which it is stated that in the last 5 years the person (the individual or the legal entity): 1) is duly residing or registered outside the territory of the Republic of Albania; 2) has fulfilled the tax obligations; 3) is not in the course of any judicial proceedings and /or has not been charged with any criminal convictions, and that the person is not subject to any measures relating to the application of security measures and prevention measures, civil decisions and administrative measures, registered in the criminal record under the applicable legislation; 4) limited to his/her/its information, is not subject to any investigation or prosecution procedure, either in his/her country of residence or elsewhere; 5) is not or has not been charged with any judicial measures for administrative violations; 6) is not subject to any liquidation/bankruptcy proceedings and is not in a state of liquidation or bankruptcy/insolvency, and that it has not applied for a settlement with creditors; 7) complies with anti-money laundering requirements; 8) is not subject to any court trial process, administrative, civil or criminal, for misconduct of activity or related negligence or has not been sanctioned/convicted/charged during the last three years for such violations.
- Notarized copy of the power of attorney or authorization, where applicable, from the foreign legal entity/company or any individual who wants to invest in Albania.
- Copy of the legal entity/company registration with the Regional Chamber of Commerce for the legal entity/company.
- A signed self-declaration that justifies his/her financial resources.
- Notarized copy by the relevant country of registration authorities that the legal entity/company/individual they represent has no problems with tax payments, bankruptcy proceedings, is not prosecuted or seized by banks.
How can I register my business in Albania?
The Interested Development Agent will be guided and supported by Connect Albania Programme Office to follow up with registration of the company represented. After submitting an on-line application within a deadline of 10 days, the application will be reviewed by the experts working at the front desk of Connect Albania Programme Office established under the Albanian Diaspora Business Chamber. Once the adequacy of the submitted documents is assessed by Connect Albania Programme Office staff, the Development Agent should provide the application documents in originals, compliant to all the requirements for validation of documents issued by public authorities in the foreign country and Albania. The selected individuals will receive an identification number identifying their status as an Interested Development Agent for attracting investment from the Albanian Diaspora or foreign businessesand the company/legal entity or individual they represent. CA Programme Office staff will guide the Interested Development Agent on the steps to follow and documents to be presented to the National Business Center. For more information, please refer to the Regulation for Connect Albania Mechanism and How to register to do business in Albania.
What is the bonus for a successful investment?
Individuals or legal entities/companies from the Albanian Diaspora who will have the status of Interested Development Agent to promote Diaspora and foreign investments in Albania, will receive a bonus (financial reward) if the investment they mediate in Albania is evaluated as successful. The maximum bonus amount for the Interested Development Agents from Albanian Diaspora will be 1,000 EUR per employee, but not more than 30,000 EUR in Total.
When do I get the bonus?
The bonus will be granted to the Successful Development Agent not earlier than 6 (six) months from the date of registration of the business (company/legal entity/entrepreneur) at National Business Center (NBC) in Albania and evidence of at least 5 (five) employees hired during this period or/and not earlier than 6 (six) months from the date of start of investments for business that are registered at NBC and that need certain permits, licenses etc. to start business.
When an investment is defined successful?
The investment is considered as successful if it is still in active status after 6 (six) months from the date of registration of the business (company/legal entity/entrepreneur) at National Business Center (NBC) in Albania and evidence of at least 5 (five) employees hired during this period or/and not earlier than 6 (six) months from the date of start of investments for business that are registered at NBC and that need certain permits, licenses etc. to start business. Businesses that will show and evidence gender balance between their employees, as well as that will hire young people or persons with disabilities, individuals coming from minorities or other disadvantaged groups will be considered to have an added value. If you have additional questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
If you have additional questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to Us